Day #1: Feb. 24, 2018 (Saturday):
Slopeside Fat Bike Race
Location: Powderhorn Mountain Resort slopes (Mesa, CO).
Course Stats: Approx. 1.7 mi per lap / 400’ Vertical.
Course Details: Up to 200 will riders start above the deck area, heading west to West End on the “Return From West End” road. The riders will experience a rolling terrain on the slopes of Powderhorn. The riders will have 1 hour to complete as many laps they can!
* Course route is subject to change until start of race *
02/24/2018 (Day 1, Slopeside Race) Schedule:
- 3:00pm-4:00pm: Registration / Packet Pickup.
- 4:00pm-5:00pm: Course open for pre-ride; resort is considered under ski operations until 4:00pm.
- 5:00pm: Start race – mass start.
- 6:00pm: Approx. finish time – Approx. 1 hour of riding!
- 7:30pm: Awards / Raffle!
Day #2: Feb. 25, 2018 (Sunday):
Frontside Fat Bike Race
Location: The *NEW* Odin Recreation Center below Powderhorn Mountain Resort (Mesa, CO).
Course Stats: Approx. 2 mi / 350’ Vertical.
* Course route is subject to change until start of race *
Up to 200 riders will explore brand new trail network, primarily in the backyard of Powderhorn developed by the new upcoming recreation organization called Odin Recreation Center (ORC)! ORC spent all summer of 2017 developing more groomed paths for more available skiing trails and guess what?! These trails are also open to fat bikes! You're in for a treat - super fun place to ride!
02/25/2018 (Day 2, Frontside Race) Schedule:
- 7:00am-8:00am: Registration / Packet Pickup.
- 7:00am-8:30am: Course open for pre-ride – DO NOT RIDE THE SKI SLOPES; please stay in the assigned areas.
- 9:00am: Start race – mass start.
- 10:00am: Approx. finish time – Approx 1 hour of riding!
- 12:00pm: Awards / Raffle!
Categories & Pricing: TOTAL PARTICIPATION LIMIT: 200
- Junior Men (18 & under) - $25 / race day $35
- Junior Women (18 & under) - $25 / race day $35
- Open Men - $35 / race day $45
- Open Women - $35 / race day $45
- Men 50+ - $35 / race day $45
- Women 50+ - $35 / race day $45
>> Register for both days & save $5 to $15! <<
THINGS TO KNOW:
- All courses are subject to change until the start of each race.
- MADHORN Fat Bike Races are completely unsanctioned. If you are coming to race, you are coming to celebrate the love of the sport!
Register Now >>
Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/2029724353913180/
Available Lodging Options:
- Slope Side Inn at Powderhorn - the MADHORN Presenting Hotel! Their offer for competitors & family: 15% discount on lodging - call the SlopeSide Inn (970) 697-2001 to book and receive your discount on lodging. Slope Side Inn website: http://slopesideskiclub.com/
- Wagon Wheel Restaurant - Located in Mesa, CO; approx. 8 miles from Powderhorn. Call: (970) 268-5220.
- Cabins at Grand Mesa RV Park - Located just south of Mesa, CO; approx 9 miles from Powderhorn. Call: (970) 268-5651.
------------------ REFUND / CHANGES / TRANSFER / CANCELLATION POLICY --------------
REFUNDS: Refunds will only be issued in the event the race is cancelled. If the race is cancelled more than 30 days before the race, all entrants will receive a full refund of their entry fee. Refunds for events cancelled fewer than 30 days before the race may be less than the full entry fee paid, or may include an entry credit as part of the refund. Transfers of entry to another MAD Racing event or another athlete will be allowed as listed below. Online processing fees cannot be refunded.
TRANSFER ENTRY TO ANOTHER EVENT: You may request a cancellation of your entry and receive a redemption code for 75 percent your entry fee. You may use this redemption code toward your entry into another MAD Racing event. Your cancellation request must come no later than 30 days before the event, or before the event sells out, whichever comes first. You will have one year from the race date to redeem your credit. Online processing fees, charitable donations, license fees, or other items paid for during the registration process will be forfeited. Online processing fees may apply to the balance due with the transfer.
SERIES ENTRIES: If you have entered a series, you may not transfer individual series events to another athlete. Please contact us with questions regarding transfers of a portion of your series entry.
TRANSFER ENTRY TO ANOTHER ATHLETE / CHANGE CATEGORIES: You may transfer your entry to another athlete or change your category until 10 days before the event for a $20 fee. No transfers between athletes will be allowed in the final 9 days before the event. All transfers of online entries must be processed online before the transfer deadline. Items the original entrant may have paid for, such as license fees, donations, etc. will not be transferred. Depending on the date of the transfer, option to select a new shirt size may not be available. Online processing fees may apply to the balance due with the transfer.
IF YOU REGISTERED FOR THIS EVENT BY MAIL, please email email@example.com to request a transfer of your entry. All deadlines and conditions listed above will apply.
UNAUTHORIZED TRANSFER OF YOUR ENTRY FEE will result in disqualification/removal from the event, and restrictions for all parties involved from participating in future MAD Racing and affiliated sanctioned events.
EVENT MODIFICATIONS: We reserve the right to alter or shorten the course for safety reasons including weather or other unforeseen circumstances. No refunds will be issued for alterations of the planned route, including the cancellation of a portion of the event (for example, cancellation of the swim in the event of lightning), or if the race is halted mid-race by weather or other circumstances.
CANCELLATION POLICY: If an event is cancelled more than 30 days prior to the scheduled date, a full refund of the registration fee (excluding processing fees) will be given to each entrant. If an event is canceled fewer than 30 days prior to the event, the refund amount may be less than the registration fee paid, or may be a partial credit for a future event, as determined by the race organizer. If an event is postponed, all entries will be transferred to the new date.